Last weekend Bill and I went to Wendover to see Louie Anderson. For you young'uns, he's a stand-up comedian, pretty clean, who was popular way-back-when. I'd seen him before, in Las Vegas, with Susie and Sandy, while Bill and Joey were at the Monster Truck show. Kim got us tickets for Christmas, "Row A, Seats 1 & 2," so I told Bill that he involves people in his act who are sitting close to the stage. He started out with a few comments about Mormons - nothing bad- and asked who was Mormon, so we raised our hands. Later he asked Bill if he was offended, and when Bill said no, he made Bill part of his act! Bill and Joe, a smoker, who fed into Louie's smoking jokes. He asked Bill questions, like how old he was (and he said Bill looked pretty good for his age) and what he did. They bantered back and forth and Louie talked about things he'd said - old age, teaching, etc. He was very funny. We laughed the whole time!
The weekend was a nice get-away, until 5:30 a.m. when someone pounded on our hotel room door, yelling at us to let them in because they lived there. By the time Bill got dressed and to the door, as I was yelling at them to go away, they'd realized they had the wrong room and strolled off.
Tomorrow I go off track and am off to Calif. for a week, to relax and play with sister & cousins, and watch my mom watch TV. Thank goodness Bill does a good job of keeping the house and children in order while I'm gone. It sure helps to have Jill living here, too, to take charge when he has to work at the previously-known Delta Center. So enjoy the snow while I enjoy the sunshine!!!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
3:02 AM! You make me laugh! (In sympathy, of course!)
What a fun weekend! See you soon!Oh, by th way, blogger has my identity as mommy, but it's Susie, heehee...
See, it's not so hard to blog (and/or facebook) at 3am! I'm jealous...Calif! But at least I get to go to Lava Hot springs for the week-end and I'll be spending Valentines Day in Texas! Thanks for blogging. (It seems I'm not the only one commenting anymore!)
Post a Comment